Junior Fair Dairy Promotion Project
The Junior Fair Dairy Committee is introducing the Junior Fair Dairy Promotion Project (formerly known as the Cheese Cow Project)
Youth that participate in the Dairy Promotion Project will sell during the Columbiana County Jr Fair Cheese Sale.
In order to participate in the Dairy Promotion Cheese Sale, you must complete the following 8 requirements:
- Participant In Person Registration - MANDATORY
- Attend 1 Dairy Clinic
- Attend 1 Quality Assurance Training
- Create a Dairy Promotion Poster
- Participate in Showmanship
- Attend and Complete Dairy Skillathon
- Complete 4-H or FFA project book and Questionaire provided by the Dairy Committee
- Show your Cow or Heifer at the Columbiana County Junior Fair
- If on official test, DHI papers
Each requirement will be based upon a point system, the participant with the most points will be named Grand Champion, followed by Reserve Champion. The Dairy Committee will use the points system to determine the sale order. The project is no longer based on production but of the particpants knowledge and performance requirements.
All baskets at the sale will contain the same amount of cheese and product.
Any questions please call Paula Bardo at 330-727-6320 or Barb McKarns at 330-424-8766.